Saturday, April 01, 2006

Who Knew?

Thursday was an important day for me.

On Thursday I heard Bill Condon, Director of Writing Programs at Washington State University, give a presentation at my school.

Bill spoke about the Critical Thinking Guide developed by Washington State. It's been used at Washington State for almost a decade.

The presentation was suggestive.

As I listened to the talk and participated in related workshop activities, my mind formed trickle-down associations from the critical thinking guide, to writing assignments I could design to incorporate critical thinking goals, and finally to evaluating student writing with reference to critical thinking criteria.

And I thought: This makes so much sense! If only someone had told me this when I was an undergraduate!

Applied to my own writing, it could have saved me years of frustration.

No comments:

Followers