There's a new aggregator in town.
Wizz RSS 2.1.0 Newsreader is an RSS aggregator extension for Firefox.
It's pretty darn slick, works better than the on board aggregator built into Internet Explorer 7 (Wizz has more convenient buttons and a more detailed file structure for feeds), and when combined with Writely or a wiki completes the kind of online learning environment Stephen Downes was talking about before he went on hiatus.
The learning evironment Downes envisions combines areas for scanning and downloading aggregated content and other areas for producing and publishing new content (as one might do in a wiki or blogging program).
I believe, seeing that Firefox + aggregator + web based productivity and social networking tools may now be orgainized in a single interfact, we may say such an evironment has arrived.
- Designers Write.
- ajaxWrite, et al
- Dr. B. Shares His Kit o' Macros
- Cool Avatar
- Podcasting Presentation
- The Right Kind of Thing
- Wizz Newsreader for Firefox
- Open Source Software
- Line Language
- How "Suite" It Is!
- PB Podcasting
- "TILT" Episode 9: Educational Blogging
- Sound Collage 1
- No Effect
- Simple Podcasting Platform
- Skype in My Teaching
- For Simpson's Fans Everywhere
- Not Much of a Reader
- Google Buys Writely
- Remlap Knowledge Base & Live Support
- Another Little Flash MP3 Player
- Drafting, Reiterated . . .
- OpenOffice.org 2.0: Improved Support for PDF
- Beautiful Evidence
- Podcasting Essentials
- Thanks A Lot
- Listen . . . The Whales are Singing
- Oh, That Beadle!
- Better Presentations
- Is My Office Haunted?
- ▼ March (32)