- Define podcasting
- Explain some known educational uses of podcasting
- Relate some podcasting stories of my own (how I discovered podcasts, what I like about podcasts)
- Show RSS feed for WGBH Morning Stories
- Show Juice
- Load WGBH MS feed into Juice and show Juice functions
- Distribute activity folder
- Demo Audacity, Iriver, Skype/Iriver recording configuration
- Guide attendees through the production and RSS distribution of their own mp3 file using a simple podcasting platform.
- A few podcasts to get you started and give you an idea of what's possible
- Bobby Bucket: a podcast for kids about books
- Room 208: 3rd and 4th grade students go to the museum (fieldtrip-cast?)
- MOMA guerilla audio guides
- Bob Sprankle's Bit by Bit Podcast ("for teachers by teachers")
- Speed of Creativity (teacher's blog and podcast)
- Interview with a DSU English major
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Tomorrow I give my presentation on podcasting to my university colleagues. Here's what I'm planning to do:
- Designers Write.
- ajaxWrite, et al
- Dr. B. Shares His Kit o' Macros
- Cool Avatar
- Podcasting Presentation
- The Right Kind of Thing
- Wizz Newsreader for Firefox
- Open Source Software
- Line Language
- How "Suite" It Is!
- PB Podcasting
- "TILT" Episode 9: Educational Blogging
- Sound Collage 1
- No Effect
- Simple Podcasting Platform
- Skype in My Teaching
- For Simpson's Fans Everywhere
- Not Much of a Reader
- Google Buys Writely
- Remlap Knowledge Base & Live Support
- Another Little Flash MP3 Player
- Drafting, Reiterated . . .
- OpenOffice.org 2.0: Improved Support for PDF
- Beautiful Evidence
- Podcasting Essentials
- Thanks A Lot
- Listen . . . The Whales are Singing
- Oh, That Beadle!
- Better Presentations
- Is My Office Haunted?
- ▼ March (32)