Sunday, August 07, 2005

A Wink to Writers

Movie:









Text:


I have always wanted a way to let my writing students look over my shoulder as I struggle to string together words in a way that makes sense and sounds right.

I was fortunate during my vacation to stumble upon a piece of software that lets me do just that. The software is called "Wink." It's much like ViewletBuilder or Camtasia, other screen capture / animation / presentation software. But, unlike the others I've mentioned, Wink happens to be free, which I also like.

Anyway, my hope is that watching my words appear on the screen will give you, dear viewer, a sense of solidarity in writing. We writers are not alone in our toil. The Internet helps us know this. I just didn't want there to be any doubt at all!

Link: http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

No comments:

Followers